YITH is honored to welcome Rabbi Shmuel Hain over Shabbat Pekude, March 8-9.
Rabbi Shmuel Hain is a pulpit rabbi, an educator, and a scholar. He was appointed Rabbi of Young Israel Ohab Zedek of North Riverdale/Yonkers in 2006. He is also Rosh Beit Midrash at SAR High School, where he directs the graduate Beit Midrash Fellowship, teaches advanced Judaic Studies classes, and oversees after-school and Alumni learning programs. He has co-authored and edited several volumes of Torah and academic scholarship, including a volume in The Orthodox Forum series entitled The Next Generation of Modern Orthodoxy (Ktav: 2012), and currently serves as Series Editor of The Orthodox Forum. We will devote this Pre-Purim Shabbat to studying the upcoming holiday and its central biblical text- Megillat Esther.
Opportunities to learn with Rabbi Hain include:
- Teen Friday Night Oneg—”Purim & Party Culture: From Shushan to Today”
- Shabbat Morning Drasha—“Charismatic Jewish Leadership: From the Mishkan to Mordechai and Esther”
- Post-Kiddush Shiur—“Matanot L’Evyonim and the Megillah: Reassessing Purim’s Gifts to the Poor”
- Shabbat Afternoon Conversation with Rabbi Shmuel Hain and Rabbi Adam Starr—”Unity, Uniformity, and Modern Orthodoxy: Lessons from Purim for today”
- Seudah Shlishit—”The Whole Megillah? Four Tannaitic Takes on the Purim Story”
Until Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 8:00 pm
2056 Lavista Rd
Atlanta, GA 30329